Thursday 16 May 2013

Friday Night Wish List - Gold and Floaty


Oh for a night out. Exams have arrived for me and my life outside of the revision walls of my house/library/college is going to become pretty much zilch. Just because I can't go out for another 5 weeks doesn't mean I can't dream of potential outfits though right?

I don't know if its all recent viewings of the Met Gala and TV BAFTAS but I've gone all posh and fancy! 

1. Motel via Topshop - £50
2. ASOS - £20
3. Nasty Gal - £12
4. Zara - £29.99
5. Scott Wilson for Aqua via ASOS - £65 
6. Miss Guided - £4.99

1. I've been searching for a dress like this ever since I saw Ashley Olsen and Vanessa Hudgens wearing something similar a few years ago. I love that the dress' sleeves are loose and flowing, yet still sexy with that low V cut neck. I really think this dress could look good worn in any way, be it day or night, fancy dinner or casual party. Here I've styled it up for a posh dinner maybe or a special event.

The dresses that inspired me to find one for myself!

2. How amaze are these tassel earrings?? When I went to India this is what all the ladies were wearing, and I remember thinking I'd never seen anything like it. But now ASOS have gotten in there and made loads of earrings in this style. This ones probably my favourite as I love the rusty gold and the little pieces dangling down. 

3. What else would look better with this dress than a big fat statement necklace? I toyed with the idea of a colourful one, but really thought that gold  would give a more classic look. Contrast is something I'm all about and I love how the tough spikes juxtapose the soft angelic vibes of the dress.

4. I've been eyeing these beauties for weeks now and almost bought them so many times! Trying to think of a reason why not to buy them right this second! (You're meant to be saving Ruby! You have no money!!) I loooove how these shoes don't have a platform, am so over that now, come on high street, follow Zara's footsteps! Coral and gold are great colour combinations and I really couldn't fault this shoe in anyway.

5 & 6. Stacking up with rings a la Olsen twins really would finish this look off and these two gold rings fit into the rest of the outfit really well. The stone on the bird ring exaggerates its antique look, again, very Olsens. Do they ever wear anything other than vintage? 

Thanks for reading! 


No comments:

Post a Comment